KDevelop 2.1 viewNextError() patch

Marcus Gruendler runner at tamalin.de
Sun Mar 17 22:38:06 UTC 2002

On Sunday, 17. March 2002 22:20, you wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Marcus Gruendler wrote:
> >Hi,

[...]
> Why do we need to select text in that view at all?
> What has it to do with jumping to the next error???
> Please, enlight me.

Okay, I try to put some enlightment on you ;-)

Selecting the line simply makes it easier to understand what error is in the
line you just jumped to. Especially if the error is not very obvious. But
with the marvelous (ahemm...) compiler information about the error, it is
easier to understand the error.

Today I was hacking on a small project and was always scrolling the make
output view to the correct location, which was quite annoying.

Since the "Next Error" feature is especially usefull if you have more than a
few errors and you want to fix them all in one sweep, the information about
each error is very usefull and helps to keep confusion at a low level.

I hope you do understand my problem now.

Bye, Marcus

--
Marcus Gruendler
eMail: runner at tamalin.de