TODO list (again)

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Sun Mar 3 22:48:04 UTC 2002

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> August Hörandl wrote:

> >>13 Bug     tab page mode, use crtl-t to remove treeview
> >>           then try one of these
> >>           * crtl-t   shows treeview (ok)
> >>           * ansicht/arbeistansichten/baumansicht    treeview is ok
> >>           * ansicht/arbeitsansichten/klassen   treeview in a new window

... bad patch deleted ;-) ...

> >questions:
> >- is this a bad idea ? maybe it would be better to disable the entry for
> >  class menu if the whole treeview window isn't visible
> >
> >- any reasons not commit the whole changes ?
> >
> Hmm...your patch isn't the solution.
> The idea was to just show the widgets which are checked in the
> popupmenu. If I check the class tree view on, it doesn't mean to show
> all the other tree tool-views. Be aware the class tree view can in
> Childframe mode be docked for instance to the right-hand side of the
> editor views as stand-alone docked toolview. You may be right in the
> default configuration you seem to use but in my described example case I
> don't want to show the other tree tool-views as well.

ok - i have no idea how to check for this
better: i have an idea which doesn't work, see below

remark:
my problem: i am a teacher and did a class with kdevelop: it is
no fun if everyone uses tab page mode, "misses" the treeview and after
a click he has got a new window with the classes in it and you have
no idea how to fix it ;-)

-> at first i would like to fix the "new window" stuff

some solutions would be:
- disable the menu entries for classes, ... if the treeview isn't
visible
- same thing for the output stuff
  but i have no idea where to do this ;-(

- ensure that the treeview is visible when the classes view is selected
  to show:
  this leads to the following patch (next try ;-)

diff -u -3 -p -c -r1.158.2.114.2.140.2.32 ckdevelop.cpp
*** kdevelop/ckdevelop.cpp      2002/03/02 17:53:34
1.158.2.114.2.140.2.32
--- kdevelop/ckdevelop.cpp      2002/03/03 21:03:52
*************** void CKDevelop::slotViewTClassesView()
*** 4182,4189 ****
    KDockWidget* pDock =
(KDockWidget*)class_tree->parentWidget()->parentWidget();
    if
(toggletreeviews_popup->isItemChecked(toggletreeviews_popup->idAt(2)))
      pDock->undock();
!   else
      pDock->dockBack();
        adjustTTreesToolButtonState();
  }

--- 4182,4192 ----
    KDockWidget* pDock =
(KDockWidget*)class_tree->parentWidget()->parentWidget();
    if
(toggletreeviews_popup->isItemChecked(toggletreeviews_popup->idAt(2)))
      pDock->undock();
!   else {
!     if (! view_menu->isItemChecked(ID_VIEW_TREEVIEW))
!       slotViewTTreeView();
      pDock->dockBack();
+   }
        adjustTTreesToolButtonState();
  }

maybe it should read something like this
   if (! pDock->parentWidget()->isVisible())
but this segfaults ;-(

additional question:
 i came up with
    view_menu->isItemChecked(ID_VIEW_TREEVIEW)
 what is the difference to
   toggletreeviews_popup->isItemChecked(toggletreeviews_popup->idAt(1))
 which is the kind of expr in the current code ? which version to prefer
?

Gustl

August Hörandl                            august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste