TODO list (again)

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 23:00:11 UTC 2002

August Hörandl wrote:

>>13 Bug     tab page mode, use crtl-t to remove treeview
>>           then try one of these
>>           * crtl-t   shows treeview (ok)
>>           * ansicht/arbeistansichten/baumansicht    treeview is ok
>>           * ansicht/arbeitsansichten/klassen   treeview in a new window
>>

>as nobody else likes this bug i am replying to myself ;-)
>
>i took a look at the code and came up with this little patch which fixes
>the problem for me - and doesn't seem to harm anything else
>
>diff -u -3 -p -c -r1.158.2.114.2.140.2.31 ckdevelop.cpp
>*** kdevelop/ckdevelop.cpp      2002/03/01 15:27:12
>1.158.2.114.2.140.2.31
>--- kdevelop/ckdevelop.cpp      2002/03/02 09:23:10
>*************** void CKDevelop::fillToggleTreeViewsMenu(
>*** 4178,4183 ****
>--- 4178,4184 ----
>
>  void CKDevelop::slotViewTClassesView()
>  {
>+       slotViewTTreeView();
>    KDockWidget* pDock =
>(KDockWidget*)class_tree->parentWidget()->parentWidget();
>    if
>(toggletreeviews_popup->isItemChecked(toggletreeviews_popup->idAt(2)))
>      pDock->undock();
>
>actually this should be added also to the slots of the other views (5
>times) and
>slotViewTOutputView() should be added at the slots of all output views
>(7 times)
>
>questions:
>- is this a bad idea ? maybe it would be better to disable the entry for
>  class menu if the whole treeview window isn't visible
>
>- any reasons not commit the whole changes ?

Hmm...your patch isn't the solution.
The idea was to just show the widgets which are checked in the
popupmenu. If I check the class tree view on, it doesn't mean to show
all the other tree tool-views. Be aware the class tree view can in
Childframe mode be docked for instance to the right-hand side of the
editor views as stand-alone docked toolview. You may be right in the
default configuration you seem to use but in my described example case I
don't want to show the other tree tool-views as well.

Ciao,F at lk