Licensing change of files taken from kdevelop/gideon

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at jowenn.at
Sun Jun 16 14:14:02 UTC 2002

Hi

On Sunday 16 June 2002 11:58, Victor Röder wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > if i'm not getting wrong those files are based on Qt designer code, see
> > qt/tools/designer/editor/completion.h.. so i think that you
> > can't relicense them
>
> Yup, I have used code of qt/tools/designer/editor/arghintwidget.* which is
> QPL/GPL licenced for kdevelop/parts/kwrite-part/codecompletion_arghint.*
> (kdelibs/kate/part/katecodecompletion_arghint.*).
> Sorry I don't know if someone can change this for  :-(.
>
> But rewriting the GPL'd code isn't to hard...
>
> Bye,
> 	Victor

Since I took those files from gideon, we changed some of the functionality, so
I'm not sure, how much really is based on designer still.
I've send a mail to TT too, to ask them if the files are still too much
designer based for them, or if we could relicense them. My problem is though,
how to rewrite the code to not look similiar to the QT Designer code.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger