cutputwidget.cpp NO! NO! NO!

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 13 23:31:02 UTC 2002

On Thursday 13 June 2002 21:46, you wrote:

> >The current commercial and official Qt-3 release is 3.0.4. The current
> >last major release of Qt-2 was Qt 2.2.3. Anything else isn't our
> >problem.

Well, to add another weird idea ;-)
What about taking qtextedit.* and qtextview.* from a well-defined
and bug-free Qt version, s/Q/QHack/ on those sources and just
linking these sources in instead of the original ones? We have done
this for a while to get the Qt 3 features in the HEAD branch while
it was still using Qt 2.

Of course, if there is a difference in the behaviour of some other
internal (like QRichText.*), you're still screwed, but otherwise you
have the big advantage that you don't have to test against a myriad
of different versions.

Bernd.