classview hierarchy

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Jun 13 16:54:02 UTC 2002

Bernd,

Looks like I didn't mess anything up. My previous mail that said I didn't need
to set sorting on was in error.

My problem was that you've changed the hierarchical view code beyond
recognition not that you've moved it. Please let it remain like it is now.

I sorted the directories after I put them in the hiearchical view because it
is faster to do so. Otherwise you have to keep track of the last items in
each folder which would complicate the code. I think you wanted to do it that
way but it didn't work too well. The other way would be to get the last item
which is too slow with QListView.

The problem now is that I have to turn on setSorting() for the sort function
to work at all. (Blame Qt for that not me) I have overlooked the fact that it
would sort toplevel items, which I think you don't want. Sorry about that.
Now I'm looking into how to fix that. It will almost certainly be a kludge
but it won't be intrusive. :)

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>