absolute filenames in class-store

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Jun 10 14:06:02 UTC 2002

On Sunday 09 June 2002 20:57, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Sunday 09 June 2002 13:16, you wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 June 2002 21:02, you wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > It looks like we're using absolute filenames in class store, which
> > > results in all sorts of funny things which should not be....
>
> Hmm, after reading your comment in the source code, I'm confused.
> I see the problem that with your realPath() function, the project gets
> loaded with a relative path, because my symlinks are relative. That
> breaks because then file names are interpreted relative to the current
> directory.
>
> What kind of problems do you have with absolute links?

OK. Right now I don't have any problems with absolute links, that function
seems to work. But for relative links I might be a little in trouble. Anyway,
things seem to work okay now for me, but please clarify what I have broken so
I can fix it ;)

For relative paths you might get this sort of output from that function

/x/y/z/../d/s.c

I don't know if this is a desirable thing, it probably isn't ;)

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza