Problems in both gideon editors

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Sun Jun 9 12:47:05 UTC 2002

On Sunday 09 June 2002 12:19, you wrote:

> in IDEAI user interface, I don't know if it happens elsewhere,
> the same file is opened twice sometimes and the old file
> won't be saved before build. very weird things happen.

That's a consequence of comparing file names instead of inodes,
which breaks in case of symlinks. I've fixed this four
times and explained it in detail, the first time in 1999, and each time
someone thought it would be a good idea to break it again.
Meanwhile I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY tired of fixing the same
bug over and over again.

Bernd.