PATCH: crash fixed, was Re: Committed Kuba's patches

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Jun 5 23:55:06 UTC 2002

On środa 05 czerwiec 2002 03:28 pm, Kuba Ober wrote:
> On środa 05 czerwiec 2002 02:36 pm, Roland Krause wrote:
> > The attached patch fixes the crash upon hitting the tab key in the
> > first line of a file.
> >
> > I felt guilty since I didnt catch this before I applied to CVS, so here
> > it goes.
>
> This one nicely fixes this problem, and the fact that opening brace
> indentation actually didn't do what it was supposed to. We're looking at
> indenting deeper based on opening brace in our reference line -- the line
> somewhere above, not in the current line. The fix is what
> textLine=contents.current() does, because current contents pointer was
> moved to the reference line by seekIndentRef()
>
> Opening-parentheses indentation patches will follow maybe tomorrow + block
> (selection) indentation + make tab indent just like newline does (i.e.
> preserve tabs/spaces).

Heh, replying to myself ;-)
I'm also factoring out some of the brace & parentheses code that became common
to newline & tab, hopefully people will like the "intelligence benefits" from
this code (ie tab regarding the opened parentheses in same way as newline
does). The code becomes cleaner as well. Patch before end of the weekend.

Cheers, Kuba