team interview

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Mon Jun 3 23:32:03 UTC 2002

Hi Philippe!

Philippe FREMY wrote:

>Ok, next set of questions:
>
>6. Languages / Platform
>- What languages can currently be used with KDevelop ? Future plans ?

C/C++ only with KDevelop-2.x. More languagues with KDevelop-3 aka Gideon.

>- .NET / C# - support? (would that make sense in any way?)

haven't tried those ones yet. No experiences.

>7. Release
>- when are the next releases expected (each branch)

The next release is KDevelop-2.1.2 bundled with KDE-3.0.2.
I don't know what comes next with KDE-3.1. Maybe KDevelop-3.0 aka Gideon
is usuable until then.

>- what do you plan ?

I currently have a full time job with my family and baby. No time to be
a core developer for KDevelop any more. :-)

>Do you want a release separated form KDE ?

No. Bundling to KDE is cool. There's no need to do packaging and
promoting jobs for us, we just code and code and code...

>- How about releasing a windows-version sometimes?

I'd second that. It's very interesting for all the commercial
Qt-programmiers using KDevelop for cross-platform development. It would
be an alternative to MSVC or Borland Builder also on Win32.

Ciao
F at lk