autoproject

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Mon Jun 3 15:30:07 UTC 2002

On Monday 03 June 2002 02:24, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a small patch that attempts to find the subdirs associated with
> variables within a Makefile.am eg
> SUBDIRS = blah1 blah2  $(BLAH_DIRS) blah3

Have you heard about QMap::find()? ;-)

> I have no solution for this. Anybody with thoughts on how this could be
> handled? Perhaps the vars should just remain in the Automake Manager view
> if not found and then the dirs could be added manually (this would be a bad
> hack though).

My idea was to allow pseudo-comments to be added to the Makefile.am,
e.g.

#kdevelop-substitute BLA_DIRS = foobar

Then the parser would treat such variable assignment like normal ones,
whereas automake/unsermake would simply skip such lines.

Of course, this would have to be documented somewhere...

Bernd.