gideon c++ code completion

Jakob Simon-Gaarde jsgaarde at tdcspace.dk
Sun Jul 21 14:10:06 UTC 2002

On Sunday 21 July 2002 11:12, Daniel Engelschalt wrote:

hi Daniel,
I'm sorry it worked anyway, I'm just used to from other code completers that
the code completion list pops up automatically when it recognizes "::", "."
or "->" but I have to press ctrl+space.

I know this is not the forum but I was wondering if you have ever tried "whole
tomatoes" visual assist for MFC. Just curious. As much as I dislike
programming for windows (I do this at my job as developer) you have to admire
what they have produced. One thing I really like about it is that it guesses
while you type stuff like identifiers, classnames, typedef's etc without
being inconvenient, thus it doesn't do anything but show the guess in a tip
over the cursor. If you can confirm that the guess is right (extremely often)
you press return and it completes. This speeds up programming very
drastically.
Is there plans for this type of "on the fly" hinting?

Thank you for your help.

--
/ Jakob Simon-Gaarde