Fwd: How to use KDE for file copying jobs (not kdev topic)

Victor Röder victor_roeder at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 13:58:05 UTC 2002

Hi, Bretzel! :-)

> So, I am searching a way into the kde's IO jobs to copy file <src> to
> <dest> in the same file system.
> Is there a simple way to do it ? I read KIO/jobclasses.h and job.cpp
> and no clue....When I compile: "KIO::CopyJob (or FileCopyJob) undeclared in
> KIO name space" -> Maybe I am in the wrong way.

The easiest way:

#include <kprocess.h>
KShellProcess proc("/bin/sh");

proc << "cp";
proc << yourSrcPath;
proc << yourDestPath;
proc.start(KProcess::DontCare);

The more easiest way:

#include <kio/job.h>
KIO::Job* job = KIO::copy ( yourSrcPath, yourDestPath );

// now you can control your copy-job via job (i.e. kill, connect with a slot,
// etc)

connect ( job, SIGNAL ( result ( KIO::Job* ) ), this, SLOT (
slotResultOfYourCopyJob ( KIO::Job* ) ) );

You can have a look at Bernd's KDE Architecture Overview ( part of Gideon )
where this stuff is explained really cool.

Bye,
	Victor