Fwd: How to use KDE for file copying jobs (not kdev topic)

Serge Lussier lusse at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 14 06:27:04 UTC 2002

Subject: How to use KDE for file copying jobs (not kdev topic)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 00:04:49 -0400
From: Serge Lussier <lusse at videotron.ca>
To: kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org

Hi all,

I know. I am not in the KDE dev mailing list...I am not in and don't want to
subscribe there...

So, I am searching a way into the kde's IO jobs to copy file <src> to <dest>
in the same file system.
Is there a simple way to do it ? I read KIO/jobclasses.h and job.cpp
and no clue....When I compile: "KIO::CopyJob (or FileCopyJob) undeclared in
KIO name space" -> Maybe I am in the wrong way.

KDE sdk must have a simple method to do file copy!
I won't do "system("cp src dest"); "....Or yes I will if I can't use
 KDE...;-(

Help will be very apreciated.

thanks,
Bretzel