build breaks at kpp.cpp

Eray Ozkural (exa) erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Jan 21 12:07:04 UTC 2002

Hi Walter,

On Monday 21 January 2002 11:58, W. Tasin wrote:

> I did it and it worked for me...
> make distclean
> make -f Makefile.cvs   [this can be also important!]
> ./configure .....
> make

So are you actually using srcdir==builddir?

I've tried multiple times losing at least an hour now. It seems that on my
system, with the latest KDE_2_2_BRANCH, srcdir==builddir _will_ decisively
fail. When I configure in another dir everything works all right. Note that
the same thing variably happens on other kde packages, on certain systems.

The build tool called automake which doesn't care about preserving any
semantics even when a simple unrelated parameter changes. :< Hmm, maybe such
bugs can be attributed also to lack of capacity of implementation language as
well as the designers.

I'm going to have to write an alternative build system for kdevelop sometime,
remind me so that it doesn't get lost in my local TODO. :P

Exa <-- now a really frustrated hacker

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>