c_cpp_reference 1.0 strange limitation

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Thu Jan 17 14:30:06 UTC 2002

  Hello,

Daniel de Carvalho Gomes wrote:

>Dear sir,
>	I tried do run a simple "./configure; make; make install" at the
>c_cpp_reference 1.0 and I got an error at configure script saying that
>it could not be installed with a QT Version > 2.0, since I'm using QT
>2.3.2 due to kdevelop 2.0.2 and KDE 2.2.2.
>	I don't know the c_cpp_reference's structure, but I think it's just a
>documentation and I can't see why it needs to run with older QT
>versions.  If I knew, I'd change the Makefile and send it to you, but I
>don't know how to change it and make it works ... :P

please try the following tarball instead:
ftp://ftp.ee.fhm.edu/pub/unix/ide/KDevelop/c_cpp_reference-2.0.1.tar.gz
or
ftp://ftp.kdevelop.org/pub/kdevelop/c_cpp_reference-2.0.1.tar.gz

>	I'd very happy if you post a new c_cpp_reference's release and make
>it's URL source more accessible ( Freshmeat ? SourceForge ? ), because
>it's a very good documentation ! By the way, thank you very much for it.

I don't know if this documentation will be used also inside gideon... so
I think the URLs above with some mirrors are enough... but maybe I'm
wrong, so I would search a maintainer for it (sorry but my time is very
limited for now).

>        And, maybe, the kdevelop team should distribute it with the
>kdevelop tarball ...

Please don't do this...
it would take to much time to download it. I prefer the system of
putting the c_cpp_reference inside binary rpms (or similar packages -
like SuSE does for example). Due to the fact that kdevelop have more
releases (and tarballs) than c_cpp_reference it wouldn't be a good idea
always including this documentation.

Of course this statement would change if there were more changements in
the documentation.

>[]'ss,

Ciao

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)