Problem with KDE 2.1 with KDE 3.0 beta 2

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Wed Feb 27 21:41:35 UTC 2002

Monday 25 February 2002 21:59 Falk Brettschneider
>Hi,
>
>I didn't apply the patch because was announced as only
>working with KDE3.
>Please, send the patch again working for KDE 2 and KDE
>3.
>
>Cheers,F at lk

Ouch, I have never seen so many merging conflicts in one file. After sorting
out all of them it is possible to define the colors of the documentation
browser. But I am still not sure if allowing to change the colors is a good
idea despite the fact that you could have a good laugh as I had when I
switched the normal text color to yellow. The reasons are:
- The colors do not update immediately and I really don't know why. You have
to close the documentation window and reopen it.
- Changing the foreground color changes the color of all menu entries after
a restart of KDevelop. The color of the combobox arrows changes as well.
Might look funny but is certainly not what you expect.
- At least the link color and the color for already visited links are
hardcoded into the Qt documentation and the KDE documentation uses CSS
files.

If the font size settings don't have any effect this is due to a bug in
khtml. Patch appended. Maybe someone could forward it to the appropriate
mailing list/maintainer.

Ciao,
Jens