Do not hack in KDevelop's Makefile.am files!

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:43:02 UTC 2002

Hi Falk,

F at lk Brettschneider wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've updated kdevelop.kdevprj.save.
>Everybody, please, do a
>
>  cp kdevelop.kdevprj.save kdevelop.kdevprj
>
>load it in your KDevelop and regenerate your KDevelop project by
>"Project"-->"DistClean/Rebuild All"!
>
>This is necessary because some people committed Makefile.am files to cvs
>which they manually hacked within the "....KDevelop will overwrite..."
>sections.
>
>Please don't do that because KDevelop is a project managed by itself and
>not by manual hacking in Makefile.am stuff.

1) why is this now called kdevelop.kdevprj.save?
     This would mean:
         cp kdevelop.kdevprj.save kdevelop.kdevprj
         Include the files within KDevelop
         cp kdevelop.kdevprj kdevelop.kdevprj.save
         cvs com kdevelop.kdevprj.save

2) Is "Project" -> "DistClean/Rebuild All" regenerating the kdevprj file
from Makefile.am???
     Didn't know this feature?

>Thanks for your attention,
>
>Ciao
>F at lk

Sorry if I caused problems, I thought because of "kdevelop.kdevprj.save"
everyone uses his own kdevelop.kdevprj and is responsible for it.
Anyway I will remember... sorry again.