Qt C++ Code Completion Features

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Wed Feb 13 11:17:04 UTC 2002

"F at lk Brettschneider" wrote:

> August Hörandl wrote:
> >
> > Thomas Schilling wrote:
> > >
> > > How good does the new C++ code completion work?
> > >
> > > I'm working on a better class parser - including maybe a new
> > > class store - with e.g. template support.
> > >
> > > Does this still make sence? (It's still a lot of work)
> >
> > there is an "old" patch in my queue:
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=100672460409724&w=2
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=100673046327662&w=2
> >
> > it was rejected by F at lk: "Since actually any further work for new
> > features for version 2.0.x has been stopped,"
> >
> > but with the new code completion it makes a lot more sense:
> > all classes (qt, kde) in the classview and the classstore - this allows
> > a much better completion
> >
> > if nobody votes against i would update the patch and have a look
> > at for some config options: which custom *.h to include
> Please, make sure that all Qt and KDE headers are _not_ parsed with
> every new loading of a .kdevprj file. It would slow down project loading
> inacceptly much.

that means we need a persistent classstore - that's a lot of
work: any volunteers ?

maybe i should include a config option:

additional classes in classview (takes long on startup)
 [ ] qt classes
 [ ] kde classes

> P.S.: August, I've applied your regular expression patch.

thanks

Gustl

August Hörandl                         august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Computers are like airconditioners -
they stop working properly if you open WINDOWS