Kate Part for KDevelop

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Sun Feb 10 19:07:03 UTC 2002

On Sunday 10 February 2002 19:16, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> Hi
>
> > The question is whether our wrappers should move from Gideon to KDEBase
> > or KDE-Bindings, since all KDE applications will benefit from them.
>
> I would add them to kdeaddons, they are not really kdebindings (in the
> sense of the CVS module).
>
> > At the moment I'm badly stuck in my KTextEditor attempt, the problem is
> > that we now have a document which can have many views (==Widgets). The
> > old interface just had an Editor which was a document as well as a
> > view/widget. I think it is time for a Document/View manager...
>
> You can use the single view mode.
Yes, for the "gideon we want single view mode", we have KTextEditor::Editor,
which has one view for each doc and not more, the view interfaces are in the
widget(). But would be nice to have gideon support multiple views for one
doc, too, would be nice for split view or just to have a better overview over
a BIG source file.

cu
Christoph