Kate Part for KDevelop

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 01:20:04 UTC 2002

>   14. Re: Kate Part for KDevelop (Harald Fernengel)

Wow, all the sudden everybody is busy again!
Cool really cool.

I might add that the kate part using the KDE-3 KTextEditor interface,
is working already in the branch KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH. This branch has
also undergone a first step of converting it into a KAction based
appication that conforms to KDE standards much better. Over the long
runs I will try to merge some of the better gideon parts into this
branch also.

About gideon's editor interface. Gideon has its own generic editor
interface, the one Harry is trying to remove. Unfortunately all editor
parts except kate will no longer work after this incision. I think it
is the right thing to do.

Roberto, welcome to the team. Do not let this confuse you. A port of
the code completion to kate itself does not really make sense, unless
you use your own class store for this. Do you? Kate doesn't have one
afaik.

A port of the GUI part of your code completion does make a lot of
sense. Then it could be used for all applications that use the kate
part. What do you think about that?

Now, who on this list has actually tested Robertos code extensively?
Falk did you get it to work? How does it overcome all the problems of
identifying the right class in the right namespace that have been
discussed for months on this list now?

I admit I am a bit confused myself.

Roland