QTD and kdevelop [was Re: New subscriber...]

Shridhar Daithankar chamanya at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 12:48:05 UTC 2002

On 5 Feb 2002 at 14:14, thibs wrote:
> When I was done with the tutorial, I immediatly thought that we could better
> integrate QtDesigner and kdevelop. Indeed, something like : if you click on a
> button in QTD and that this button is already connected to a slot, then it
> brings you to the implementation of this slot (in kdevelop).
> One of the first step would be to avoid to manually process the ui file when
> you're done with QTD. Also, it would automatically create a class that
> implement the class generated by QTD...

I think you need to go thr. QTD tutorial also. As pointed in another mail,
classes derived from QTD needs to be inherited.

Also one more point I recently noticed while working with QTD and kdevelop.

Kdevelop adds a "#include "filename.moc" at the end of generated .h file which
causes duplicate symbols. This is one of the reason, at present no .ui files
are part of kdevelop project though they are in repository..

Also any idea how to stop QTD from doing forward declaration? I can not compile
any other class before QTD generated class because of that. I want all headers
directly included in .h file.

I guess then I can call QTD fully integrated in KDevelop. Both play well
together but not enough..

 Shridhar