New subscriber...

thibs thibs at gpl.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Feb 5 14:15:05 UTC 2002

Hi

I just subscribed to your ML, here are just a few words to introduce myself :
My name is Thibauld Favre (thibs) and I'm a student in Computer Science at
INSA de Lyon (french engineer school).

Although I don't have a lot of time to give to the kdevelop project, I feel
like helping the kdevelop developpement. I'm completely new to kde
programming, and I started a little test project the other day. I found a
useful tutorial on the women.kde.org site dealing with kdevelop/QtDesigner
integration...

When I was done with the tutorial, I immediatly thought that we could better
integrate QtDesigner and kdevelop. Indeed, something like : if you click on a
button in QTD and that this button is already connected to a slot, then it
brings you to the implementation of this slot (in kdevelop).
One of the first step would be to avoid to manually process the ui file when
you're done with QTD. Also, it would automatically create a class that
implement the class generated by QTD...

OK, I'm maybe not familiar enough with QTD and KDevelop to talk about this
stuff, but, do you think it would be possible ? Is it done somewhere already
(kdv 3.0) ? I would volunteer to think of the problems raised by such an
integration... and, if possible, to make it !

thanks

thibs

P.S: KDevelop 1.2 is used in my engineer school. Every C++ lab during the
first year is done on a Red Hat 5.2 (or 6.2 I don't remember), with kdevelop
1.2. But the projects realized are only command-line projects, no QT/KDE lib
at all...