Gideon & Kdevelop-2.1.3

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Fri Dec 6 19:38:04 UTC 2002

Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2002 08:17 schrieb Iztok:
> I've got Kdevelop-2.1.3 installed and I need it for daily work so I
> would not like to damage it in any way installing the Gideon which I
> would very like to try. So I am asking:
>
> 1. Is it possible to configure/install Gideon with any given prefix
> or are there some rules to be followed ?
> 2. If answer to 1. is positive -  is installing Gideon overwriting
> any or none Kdevelop-2.1.3 resources ?

no problem - they coexist without problems

> 3. Are there nightly-built binaries/RPMs (or anything) alike
> available for SuSE-8.1 ?

if you want to follow the development i would suggest to get it
from (anonymous) cvs -- this allows quick updates

> 4. Which enviroment (automake, autoconf, gcc, glibc) is best to be
> used when building Gideon ?

it builds "out of the box" on my suse 8.1 - but your mileage may vary.
something like
./configure --enable-debug --prefix=/opt/kde3/ && make
should work

hth
Gustl

August Hörandl                               august.hoerandl at gmx.at
It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products, but it takes a real
man to make them work, and a god to make them do anything useful