qmake templates

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Wed Aug 28 09:56:02 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 08:24, you wrote:
> > > Yes I'm not sure why but automake insists on creating the Makefile with
> > > install-data-am in this sequence:
> > >
> > > install-data-am: install-qmakeappDATA install-data-local \
> > >          install-templateDATA
> > >
> > > it should be like this:
> > >
> > > install-data-am: install-data-local install-qmakeappDATA \
> > >          install-templateDATA
> >
> >The order shouldn't matter, should it?
>
> Yes it does. install-data-local creates the templatefolder and
> install-qmakeappDATA copies template data thus install-data-local must
> be executed first.

No. Data files which appear in a _DATA declaration are automatically
installed with a mkinstalldirs command. If not, your automake (or am_edit?)
is buggy. Only for data which is installed in a install-data-local section
you have to make sure to call mkinstalldirs yourself (like in the kde templates)

Bernd.