libfam

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Sun Aug 25 22:25:07 UTC 2002

Hi,

On Sunday 25 August 2002 20:04, david.bekaert at pandora.be wrote:
> When I ran the configure script it didn't complain that libfam-dev was
> missing, once I started compiling kdevelop 2.1.2 for KDE 3, I got an error.
> So I installed libfam-dev and the compilation continued.

KDevelop doesn't directly need libfam, it is a dependency in kdelibs (and is
documented there). If you have fam-enabled kdelibs, you also need
libfam-devel.

Usually your distributor should make sure that it also gets installed when you
install kdelibs-devel. In other word: not a KDevelop problem ;)

Best regards,
Harry