bugfix: "crashes when quit with 'close window' button"

Heinz Hornung Hornung-Heinz at t-online.de
Sun Aug 18 21:47:25 UTC 2002

Hello kdevelop-team,
I'm really fond of KDevelop and Gideon!

I hunted the bug " crashes when quit with 'close window' button" and made a
tiny patch:

The bugfix is in the file doctreeviewpart.cpp. It's trivial, just two lines of
code have to be deleted (see doctreeviewpart.cpp.patch).
The buggy code accessed an already deleted object though
TopLevel-getInstance()->...

I changed the class TopLevel so it will assert if someone tries a similar
thing in the future. This may help finding a bug quicker (see
toplevel.patch).

Kind Regards,
Heinz Hornung