Newbie: New app entry in K-start menu?

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Mon Aug 12 17:24:01 UTC 2002

Him

On Monday 12 August 2002 14:50, Mogens Neupart wrote:
> I have created a spec/rpm file with a Group entry as listed in
> /usr/share/doc/rpm-4.0.4/GROUPS.
>
> When I install the rpm the app doesn't show up in the K-start menu.
>  I have tried 'update-menus' and to log out/in; but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone please tell me what I should do?

you need to have a .desktop file for your app. Take a look at other apps
.desktop files for examples.

Add the following in Makefile.am (replace "kdevelop" with your app name and
"Development" with the subfolder where your app should go to):

data_DATA = kdevelop.desktop
datadir = $(kde_appsdir)/Development

Best regards,
Harry