Plans

Bernd Gehrmann Bernd-Gehrmann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 21 20:24:01 UTC 2002

On Thursday 18 April 2002 17:43, you wrote:
> On Thursday 18 April 2002 17:06, you wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 16. April 2002 20:14 schrieben Sie:
> > > 2. The new class dialog for C++ works in principle, but it does not
> > > yet add the files to the project. By default, the files are added to
> > > the KDevProject::activeDirectory() (new interface) subdirectory of the
> > > project. Its initial value is currently set by the appwizard.This
> > > should become configurable in the project management parts.
> >
> > Ok. So if I want to add a new class to my binary I have to generate the
> > sourcecode and then add the files to the target (binary,lib)?

Ok, please try :-)

In automake projects, there is now the notion of an "active target". A default
for it is set by the app templates, and it can be changed via the context
menu. I think the nice thing about it is that people who have only one target
never have to care about it, i.e. e.g. the new file dialog always does the
right thing. Is that the way you meant it, Sandy? I'm still open for
feedback...

In script projects, the list of "files in the project" is scanned each time
the project is loaded with a configurable list of wildcards. That's also
something that has to prove its usefulness in practice.

My TODO list for the autoproject part now is:
* Convert all usages of QCString to QString. The use of QCString was a silly
  idea in the first place, and this will get rid of many 8bit <-> 16bit
  conversions
* In SubprojectItem::path store paths relative to the project directory, not
  absolute file names. This will also get rid of many conversions
  relative <-> absolute and ease maintainance
* Fix the handling of header files, which may or may not appear in
  Makefile.am's written with am_edit in mind.

In particular, the first two points will cause many textual changes. Victor,
in order to avoid conflicts, if you're going to work on this part, your should
either commit before I start or wait till I'm finished with this ;-)

Bernd.