About some bugs in kdevelop.

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Sat Apr 20 13:14:03 UTC 2002

I dont have the time to compile kdevelop with debug to test crashes for now, but regarding other bugs.. The cursor dissapeared when I was trying out code completion, it happened a few times and then it didnt happen anymore. (althought i disabled completion because it freezed on very big files). Makefile.am files get randomly wiped on non-managed projects.
I *think* it may happen when I either create new files or classes from the tree view, but if this is the case, it doesnt allways happen. The MDI taskbar has an annoying bug when no windows are being shown, i find this easy to reproduce and it's been there ever since the first version with it. Just close all windows (window->close all), and the MDI taskbar
dissapears, then select a file in the tree view, and it wont come back
to show the newly selected files (even when tagged as visible in the menu). The only way is unchecking it and checking it again.
I'm not exactly sure how does code completion work and i know it's in beta stage, but i have some doubts about it being working well. Basically,
for completing class names and variables in a context works fine, but
if i do:

myclass->|ctrl-j|

it will just do nothing (shouldnt it be expected to show variables and methods of the class/struct?)

and if i do
myclass->somemethod(|wait here or press ctrl-j|

only very rarely will show me the parameters.

Should I expect this behavior to be normal? if not how can i help to find out what's wrong?
Again, as soon as i have some time, i'll compile a version from scratch with debug info, so i can send backtraces in case of a crash.

Thanks!

Juan Linietsky