The result of the whole discussion about Gideon and 2.2 (was: Re: A common roadmap)

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 20:31:02 UTC 2002

Hi friends,
I was away over the holidays and I am happy to tell you, I didnt think
about KDevelop at all for three days. :-)

That said, I am going to try and give gideon with MHK's and Harry's
recent work another spin.

John Firebaugh, spoke directly from my heart and I can not agree more
with what he said.

Nonetheless we seem all to be willing to compromise and I am quite
confident that we are going to do the right thing after all. In the end
it's the code that get's written that counts anyway.

As to the cvs, I am going to experiment a little with moving KDevelop-2
parallel to gideon. Some autoconf magician will then have to make us a
compile switch or maybe we should alway build both binaries.

Roland