Startup Crash

Jeremias A. Sauceda pi314 at eng.iastate.edu
Sat Sep 29 20:23:52 UTC 2001

Hello,

Ralf Nolden told me that the kdevelop (gideon) in cvs crashed on
startup.  I had a similar experience. I compiler qt-copy (v3) and
kdelibs (v3) with --enable--debug.  When the program crashed gdb lost
the user thread.  Through various tests I was able to track down the bug
to the KDevFileSelector component.  After other tests I tracked the bug
to KDirOperator class in kdelibs.  The constructor of both objects exits
ok, but the program quickly crashes after a slave timeout.

Can anyone verify this?

I am new to Qt/KDE so I have a couple questions.  Do the slot/signal
mechanism run on a seperate thread?  How many threads are there in a
Qt/KDE app?  It seems that the "distributed" nature of slots/signals
would make this very hard to track down.

Jeremias

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«