Changeing Compilers

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Sep 13 20:09:47 UTC 2001

On Donnerstag, 13. September 2001 20:29, you wrote:

Ian, I'm supposed to do a study for universtity on cross-compiling so I would
be glad if you leave this up to me! :) This is supposed to do my work and I
apologize I'm not done yet though I know that it can easily be implemented,
but I want to do it in the most general way that allows to set up multiple
environments for compiling at the same time.

Generally it doesn't require much besides creating a subdirectory as a build
directory and calling ./configure from there, and you can export CC and CXX
as well as the according flags before running ./configure so it pics up the
according compiler and the flags. That's basically all, no changes needed.
The stuff is known as VPATH or builddir != srcdir :)

Ralf
> Greetings
> 	I am trying to add palm development support to KDevelop 3.0
> 	(This should also pave the way for development using cross compilers)
> 	But I am having problems getting kdevelop to change the compilers and
> 	paths.  Do I need to change the automake and configure.in scripts too?
>
> 	If so can anyone help me :)
>
> 	-ian reinhart geiser

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«