Code completion, code hinting, code browsing

Daniel Engelschalt daniel.engelschalt at gmx.net
Fri Oct 26 06:19:51 UTC 2001

> Uhm, I didn't find the file you ment (cppsupport/...) I even don't have
> the parts-folder.
use the gideon sources not kdevelop-2.x

> Anyway.
> I'm working on another approach to implement the parser (I hope that won't
> be a bigger problem since you said that the progress is not so far, yet).
> I try to use spirit (http://spirit.sourceforge.net/). It's a pure template
> library for creating parsers upon a give EBNF syntax. So I currently
> struggle a bit with these 3-lines-long type names in the compiler error
> messages (since they use "compile time polymorphism", that's kind of
> recursive template using). The other problem I have is to create a useful
> EBNF of C++ with which you can perform useful reactions on some
> occurences.
currently we don't use any syntax. we're just looking at the code and see
what we know and what not and then build a simple list of what we've found. in
my opinion it is very fast and it doesn't need any complex syntax stuff.
the way i implemented it is only the first idea. currently i'm
"reengineering" things because there are very interesting ideas at the kjs code (in
kdelibs).
i'd say that you should get the gideon code and have a look at what we've
done so far. we then can discuss everything with victor (via mail or irc).

btw: the only one thing i currently don't have is a _complete_ list of
different ways a variable can be declared...

daniel

http://www.gmx.net

-