KDevelop -- Great Job

Michael Schepens schepens at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 25 18:42:21 UTC 2001

Hi,

I just had to thank everyone wh has worked on KDevlop.
I came from Windows as a Visual C++ developer and I
found writing Linux coed, makefiles, GUIs, etc. very difficult.
Using KDevelop helped immensely.  It allowed me to focus
on the problems I was trying to solve instead of getting
bogged down in the details of the source code project
itself.  I am still working to learnd more and more of the details
of how these things work, but I am able to move forward
without having to understand them all in detail.

I have been able to create a Common Name Resolution Protocol
(CNRP) I/O slave for Konqueror.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/onyma/

I am now working on a Control Panel for it using KDevelop 2.01.
There appear to be a few bugs which I will post to the bugs list,
but it really helped me a lot once I got past these.

KDevelop is not perfect, but it is a Great Job nonetheless.

I would like to help out by working on some of the project
wizards that I would like to have, a generic shared library, etc.

Can someone point in the right direction to look at writing new
project wizards.

Thanks again for everyone's effort.

Ben Schepens
schepens at mindspring.com