Automake 1.5 and KDevelop 2.0.1

Norman Jordan njordan at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 7 21:10:42 UTC 2001

I have been looking into why projects that KDevelop makes will not work with automake 1.5. I have found two things so far.

1. Automake does not like to have a variable defined twice in a Makefile.am

2. The variable AMDEPBACKSLASH is supposed to be "\" if dependency tracking is enabled, but when it is substituted into the Makefile, it becomes "\\". If dependency tracking is disabled, then the generated Makefile will work.

--
Norman Jordan <njordan at shaw.ca>
GnuPG public key available at http://rtfm.phpwebhosting.com/gnupg_key.txt

-