KRegExpEditor and KDevelop

Victor Röder Victor_Roeder at GMX.de
Wed Nov 21 11:47:22 UTC 2001

Hi, Jesper!

> I'm the author of KRegExpEditor (http://www.blackie.dk/KDE/KRegExpEditor/).
>
> I would love to see my widget used in as many KDE application as possible,
> and believe that KDevelop may use regular expressions. I couldn't find any
> use in the GUI, however. So I ask (1) for your permission to add
> KRegExpEditor to appropriate places in KDevelop, and (2) to help me
> identify these places.

Actually I'm only familiar to the development of Gideon (the upcoming
KDevelop 3) therefore all I am saying from MHO now refers to Gideon:
Gideon has at the moment something like a regular expression tester. So maybe
this part could be replaced by your KRegExpEditor if it has this feature, too.
This is I think this would be the only appropriate place for this editor
(maybe I forgot some :-).

> I will of course do the integration myself, so none of you need to do
> anything there.

Gideon has a very modular framework, with which you maybe have to get
familiar with first (I don't know).

> One final question. Which version of KDevelop is the current development
> one? Will that version be released together with Qt3?

Gideon compiles with KDE3/Qt3 but if there will a stable version shipped with
KDE3, we have our doubts about it. I think there will be some kind of
"technological preview" if it has more features. But I don't want to say too
much. I'm only a little light in this mailing list ;-).

Bye,
	Victor

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«