PLEASE REMOVE THIS IMMEDIATELY: was Re: VS .NET review

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Wed Nov 14 22:21:00 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, 14. November 2001 19:58, you wrote:
> Aehem,...
> this was a bad idea in fact it was a very bad idea.
>
> This can get us in a lot of trouble, please remove the screenshots
> immediately.
ok, I removed it.

>I know a little bit about copyright law from my wife who
> is a lawyer and that's what this comes down to. Posting screenshots of
> a competitors application to a public site == not a good idea.
> This can give Microsoft a reason to shut down our entire project,
> believe me, I know what I am talking about.

Do you really think that KDevelop is a competitor for Windows IDE's? I always
thought that the target groups are totally different. Visual Studio doesn't
run under Unix and KDevelop doesn't under Windows.

BTW: the review by Daniel was nothing more than an advertisement for Visual
Studio. :-)

Ciao!
Sandy

-