How to compile/configure the latest version ( not HEAD ) ?

Hugo Varotto hvarotto at mediaone.net
Thu May 10 10:58:32 UTC 2001

Greetings to all,

I've been trying ot compile/configure the latest Kdevelop version ( 1.4
EXTRA ) for the last couple of days, but without any success. I tried
different approaches:

- download the daily snapshot tar.gz indicated in the kdevelop webpage.
However, when I tried to do "make -f Makefile.cvs" complains that the
"admin" directory is not there ( I think is trying ot use Makfile.common
from that directory ).

- I tried to get the HEAD version from cvs ( which has the admin
directory ) and then expand on top of it the .tar.gz snapshot ( I'm
doing this hoping to reutilize the Makfile.common in admin ), but when I
tried to do make -f Makefile.cvs, it complains that PYTHON variable is
not defined ( I believe this is because gideon has support for python
scripting but Kdevelop 2.0 doesn't ? )

- I tried to get the latest version of the 1.4 branch from cvs (
KDEVELOP_1_4 ) and found that there's no admin directory ( I'm using
cervisia 1.3 for this in case it matters ), so I cannot run make -f
Makefile.cvs

So, I'm sure that I'm definitely doing something wrong, and that the
snapshot should be self-contained. Could somebody please send me some
short tips of how to start the compilation/configuration ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«