Speaking of "speed".

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 21:50:02 UTC 2001

The problem is in DocViewMan::findKWriteDoc afaik. That at least is the
last debug message I see on the screen.

--- "F at lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Roland Krause wrote:
> >
> > The second situation is whenever you switch focus to a file that
> isn't
> > opened yet.
> second)
>
> Maybe it's a KDE or Qt problem on SPARC? How much is it using swap
> space? Does it also happen with other apps?

Not using swap afaik, KDE has lots of problems when it comes to file
handling in large networks... I should say that everything here is
automounted and sometimes KDE hangs for half an hour when trying to
list all directories under /home for example. Hundreds of accounts
partially mounted over VPN throughout the US and Europe and KDE or Qt
or whatever tries to look at them all...... But that's off topic.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and