TODO list for 2.0 (7/5/2001)

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 03:27:43 UTC 2001

--- "F at lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I fixed that on Sunday, already. :) KDevelop doesn't ask anymore when
> nothing has changed outside.
> But nevertheless, (I forgot to add it) - I noticed a new problem
> related
> to that: If a file was _really_ changed outside, KDevelop doesn't
> notice
> that. :-( This is the real number 12... ;(
> Anyway, I can't imagine the right mechanism to solve that. Should we
> run
> a timer which checks all open files from minute to minute? Or should
> we
> check when we switch views?

We should check when we switch views, or when we attempt to save and
thus would overwrite the file. But how do you check whether the file
was changed? Is there a way to compare and save file modification time?

> > 13 The KStatusBar bug.
> Yes, let's remark 13 is the right number for it.

Yep.

> > We could make a temporary fix for this if we
> >    can't find the real reason for the bug.
> Maybe, we could implement a set method for the statusbar that cuts
> all
> messages to half the length of the mainwindow. I've no time to learn
> the
> KStatusBar internals...

I've looked into that, seems we are setting a KStatusBarLabel. One way
to do this is to calculate the width of the string that is to be
displayed using QFont and never let it get larger then 50% of the
screen width. A better solution would be to have a QListBox as the
basic editable widget for a KStatusBar instead of the label. That would
allow message history and scrolling in both directions. Maybe we can
push tronical a bit in this direction.

Regards
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and