TODO list for 2.0 (7/5/2001)

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 19:48:04 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> There are at least two additions:
>
> 12 The infamous "current file was modified outside KDevelop" bug.
>    I said, I am going to look at it. I will, if nobody else beats me
>    to it.
I fixed that on Sunday, already. :) KDevelop doesn't ask anymore when
nothing has changed outside.
But nevertheless, (I forgot to add it) - I noticed a new problem related
to that: If a file was _really_ changed outside, KDevelop doesn't notice
that. :-( This is the real number 12... ;(
Anyway, I can't imagine the right mechanism to solve that. Should we run
a timer which checks all open files from minute to minute? Or should we
check when we switch views?

> 13 The KStatusBar bug.
Yes, let's remark 13 is the right number for it.

> We could make a temporary fix for this if we
>    can't find the real reason for the bug.
Maybe, we could implement a set method for the statusbar that cuts all
messages to half the length of the mainwindow. I've no time to learn the
KStatusBar internals...

> I will investigate 7 and finish 9 until release.
Would be very beaut.

Cheers,
F at lk