KDEVELOP_1_4: KDE_2_2_ALPHA now mandatory?

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 01:36:32 UTC 2001

Friends,
I noticed that ALPHA is now mandatory to compile the KDEVELOP_1_4
branch. While I see that this is somewhat necessary, may I ask that a
message would be posted upon implying such a condition to the mailing
list.

Also, would it be possible to #ifdef this code out until the first
KDE_2_2_BETA tag?

I am on a Solaris box and it is a "royal pain in the ass" and takes
multiple days to get unstable KDEs to run. I fear, the maintenance of
multiple versions of KDE will simply kill me.

Thanks so much
Roland
PS: If I am the only person w/ this problem I may be able to help
myself w/ #ifdef on my local version, since it's only in 2 files so
far.

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and