Here we go again...

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 18:16:58 UTC 2001

Allright, allright,
I really thought we were through with this but all the sudden the
crashes because of NULL pointers are back.

In cleartext:
If no sources and browsers are open almost any action that leads to a
"Save" related action crashes KDevelop. This is because of unchecked
referencing of pointers that have the real possibility of being NULL.

I am getting a little bit fed up with this now. There is virtually no
computation time associated with checking these pointers, not even in
projects that have one gazillion files. I see Falks argument that these
functions should not be called but that is effectively not
controllable. See, you have no influence when and by whom a slot will
be called. So, why dont we put an extra little bit of "defensive
programming" in the code and check the fscking pointers.

I'll be happy to resend the patch for this.
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and