KDevelop 3.0, this mailinglist and Bernd

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Wed Mar 28 17:00:12 UTC 2001

On Mittwoch, 28. März 2001 16:02, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Now, for other things. As said, the talk with Bernd was very productive.
> First of all, Sandy, can you make kdevelop-devel somehow public together
> with a mailing list archive ? Bernd said he doesn't know how to
> subscribe, so he thought it's very hard to enter real involvement in
> KDevelop development for people outside.
Ok, if you think to open the mailinglist I have no problem with it. I will
add information to the homepage. For an archive I will ask Hank Leininger.
(lists.kde.org)

> He said he's got it working so far and will have it ready for public
> working by the end of next week. The idea behind it is that he realized
> noone (except Omid, Richard and others) is working on HEAD (kdevelop
> 3.0). To change that, we need a *working* version of Kdevelop to attract
> other developers. That is e.g. the case with Konqueror where now that it
> works and is released a lot of plugins are developed for it and khtml is
> getting better each day by the additions of other developers. To create
> the same scenario for kdevelop, we need to do a similar thing - which
> will have the "surprise, surprise" effect to everyone.
I like this idea. I also worked many hours on KDevelop3 in the last years,
but if this new IDE by Bernd (still based on KDevelop3) will boost the new
development it was worse the effort. I don't know how much Bernd already
"ported", but if not I think we can add the rest. :-)

Ciao!
Sandy

--
inubit - Your e-Business Partner!  http://www.inubit.com
Sandy Meier, inubit GmbH   Sandy.Meier at inubit.com
Welcome to our stand at CeBIT on 22-28 March, Hall 3, Stand E43

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«