to shed a little more light on the printing situation...

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Mar 23 03:33:57 UTC 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:51, Roland Krause wrote:
> in kdevelop-1.4, the printing seems not to be working for some folks. I
> believe that is partially due to incompatible versions of enscript,
> partially due to screwed up ghostscripts that dont have the necessary
> fonts and partially kdevelop's fault also.
>
> In other words it is a mess.
>
> So I would like to sneak in the following little patch that uses
> seperate shell processes for the printing, namely print_process and
> preview_process. I also connected the stdout/stderr slots for these to
> go to kdevelop's output tab window. This way we can actually see whats
> going on when someone tries to print.

Much better to use kdDebug surely. I don't really see the point of this
patch, but more disappointing is that even after I've explained the reason
behind the removeNullParams you have still removed it. Why? Is it causing a
bug for you?

Regardless, could you talk to Ravikiran Rajagopal
<ravi at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu> about this and make sure that whatever the patch
becomes it works for him, as he is the person that supplied the nullparam fix.

OTOH maybe we should consider using the new kdeprint stuff, but not having,
or using a printer, it's not of great interest to me.

> Btw. are there any .ui or other dialog files for the printing stuff?
> Or was that all hand written dialog code that is about to become
> unmaintained now?

This has been unmaintained for months (approaching years perhaps?) - it was
done waaay back in kde1 time, prior to designer and even prior to kdevelop's
old "designer".

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«