to shed a little more light on the printing situation...

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 23:51:15 UTC 2001

in kdevelop-1.4, the printing seems not to be working for some folks. I
believe that is partially due to incompatible versions of enscript,
partially due to screwed up ghostscripts that dont have the necessary
fonts and partially kdevelop's fault also.

In other words it is a mess.

So I would like to sneak in the following little patch that uses
seperate shell processes for the printing, namely print_process and
preview_process. I also connected the stdout/stderr slots for these to
go to kdevelop's output tab window. This way we can actually see whats
going on when someone tries to print.

Btw. are there any .ui or other dialog files for the printing stuff?
Or was that all hand written dialog code that is about to become
unmaintained now?

Regards
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and