KDevelop 3.0 Regarding servicetypes

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Wed Mar 21 13:09:37 UTC 2001

Omid Givi wrote:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Oliver Strutynski wrote:
>

>> I tried to build and run the KDevelop3 code (using KDE 2.1 compiled
>> from sources) several times during the last days (once using a recent
>> snapshot, the other times updating from cvs) but always ran into the
>> same problem: Compilation works fine but durings tartup KDevelop crashes
>> with the following output:
>>
>> kdevelop (core): KDevComponentManager::component not found:SourceInfo
>> kdevelop (core): KDevelopCore::constructor: classstore made
>> kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KDevelop/Component
>> not found
>> kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KDevelop/EditorManager not found
>> kdevelop (core): KDevComponentManager:: Registering: KDevEditorManager
>> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
>> KCrash: Application Name = lt-kdevelop path = <unknown>

Hi together,

I had the same problem!
After checking all pathes and .desktop and strace'ing kdevelop I found out, that
the service-cache ($HOME/.kde2/tmp-$HOSTNAME/ksycoca) wasn't updated correctly.

So here my solution to bring up kdevelop 3.x:

After "make install" remove the file $HOME/.kde2/tmp-$HOSTNAME/ksycoca (e.g.
rm /home/tasin/tmp-linux2/ksycoca) and run "kbuildsycoca".

In general you wouldn't need the "kbuildsycoca" (because starting "kdevelop" would also cause
kded to recreate the database), but it would be the cleaner way ;-)

Ciao

Walter

PS: I don't know the reason, why ksycoca wasn't updated correctly.
If somebody knows more leave a note :-).

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«