KDevelop3 was: nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Sat Mar 17 11:48:24 UTC 2001

> --- Sandy Meier <smeier at kdevelop.org> wrote:
> > In my opinion KDevelop1.x was nice for C/C++ projects with KDE1
> > technologies.
> > Begining from scratch is and was really needed. (Falk listed some
> > reason in
> > his email). Adding MDI,Kparts,Xml framework,plugins would be nice for
> > the
> > user, but for the developer this would end in big chaos.
>
> With all due respect to you. But why do all these things at the same
> time with such a restricted number of people.
>
> Since you are the original author of the code, could you imagine
> finding the time to coordinate the effort a bit?
Sorry, but I haven't contributed code to the KDevelop1.x branch since 1-2
years so it is very difficult to get an overview. Since we have started
KDevelop3 I have only worked on this and believe me the code is _very_
different.  Everything is new and some really cool design concepts and ideas
implemented were implemented. :-)

Ciao!
Sandy

--
The question is not, can they reason? nor,can they talk?
but, can they suffer? (Jeremy Bentham)

-