nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 23:33:30 UTC 2001

Christian,

> Also for example I told you a some days ago that I would perhaps make
> bookmarks work again on different files. But I had no time until
> yesterday to work on kdevelop, and yesterday I thought it would be
> better to fix some bugs that made it crash...

I still would appreciate the bookmarks very much :-) I have the same
problem, after a CVS update I am currently searching bugs for an hour,
then my time is close to up, so is my patience.
It will get better though. The MDI stuff is really worth it.

> I fully agree, this is also how I want to work on KDevelop.
> And you know if I look at the code and see that it would take about 3
> full days to make bookmarks work again on multiple files, then it
> wont
> be exactly an "instant gratification" work, because I will probably
> only
> be able to do it over at least 2 weeks...

There are currently many shortcomings in KDevelop-1.4 that are all due
to a lack of a rudimentary data structure. I think that is what I'll
try to do next.

> Yes, I hope that finally one day we will be able to merge the best
> from
> KDevelop 2 and KDevelop 3.

Agreed, that's what I think makes the most sense.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and